The sacral chakra is located below your belly button and contains your sexuality and creativity. It’s nuts how long it took me to see how these two things were connected. Then I was around this dumbly cute baby and realized the most intricate expression of creation is a human life and a human life is made by sex. As Oprah would say, it was a real “a-ha” moment (although a-duh is probably more apt.)
But what if you don’t want to create a baby? What if you want to use your sexual prowess to connect to creativity in other ways like fucking with some super dope art or doing business deals or anything else under the sun you desire? Then you are ready for SEX MAGIK! Here are the four basic sex magik steps (plus a super fun fifth one that’s straight from source baby!)
1. INTENTION. What do you desire? A new car? A better job? More patience? Freedom from obsessive thoughts? Share it with your partner (or if you’re alone write it in a journal.) Just get it “out of your head” and into the physical world by speaking it or writing it.
2. BREATHE. It’s up to you how crazy you wanna get with this one. Some tantric couples (or individuals) breath for a really long time. Personally, I’ve got about one solid minute in me. Whatever you choose While you breath, imagine the dream result of your intention. As an example, let’s use a desire that doesn’t have a lot of resistance. Let’s say you wanted to call in a new refrigerator. USE YOUR SENSES. What would you see, hear, touch and smell to let you know this had come true? Maybe you feel the icy breeze on your skin as you study the perfectly lined up and organized food. Do you hear the beep that nice refrigerators have to let you know you’ve left the door open too long? Or the fizzy pop of a freshly opened kombucha? Smell the faint scent of an open basket of fresh strawberries. You get the drift.
3. DOING IT. While you’re having sex (or masturbating) you can bring your attention back to the see, hear, smell, taste world of your desire. You don’t have to be there the whole time because if you are with another person it’s also nice to just connect in the moment.
4. RELEASE. Explode all of your orgasmic energy into the atmosphere and imagine it being a sticky spider web that “brings” what you want back to you.
5. LAUGH. This is my own little spin on the process and honestly what I have found most helpful. I like to watch something funny (it can be as dumb as a you-tube Americas funniest home videos.) This adds levity to an otherwise very intense process (a lot of us have unconscious fears about sex and desire) and helps me personally not take myself so seriously. In turn, it helps me not smother my desire to death.
I would like to add that the practice can be reversed as well. You can use your creativity to connect to your sexuality…but that’s a whole other blog. Happy sexing!